ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- Cantt. Board School Roorkee Cantt is a premier educational institute of Roorkee Cantonment. It is providing quality education to the children of Cantonment area and nearby places since 1930. In the year of 2006 School was upgraded upto Secondary level and got affiliation with CBSE, New Delhi. Since then, school never looked back.
- The School is providing quality education to socially deprived strata of society. In the year 2013, school was upgraded upto Senior Secondary level in Commerce stream and got affiliation with CBSE, New Delhi
- School has vast playground in Pre-primary, primary and Senior sections of school. There are badminton court, basket ball court, volley ball court and a well equipped gymanisium.
- Board School, Roorkee has a library with 2100 books. Two dailies and 07 magazines are subscribed.
- Board School, Roorkee is running NCC activities for Class IX and X students with 33 boys and 17 girls (50 Cadets) and Scouts & Guide activities for class VI to VII students.
CANTT. BOARD SR. SEC. SCHOOL, ROORKEE
Performa showing the Total no of Boys & Girls Students
Pre-Primary English Medium Section
Cantt. Board School, Primary Section
Cantt. Board Sr. Sec. School, Senior Section
VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (V.T.P)
A Vocation training centre, by parent department is also working in the school premises. School students are training in various trades. The course is approved by NCVT, New Delhi. The different trades in the VTP are Electrical, Electronics, Computer Operation, Garments & Hand & Embroidery. VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (V.T.P)
The details of the no of students in the session 2016-17 different trades are as under:-
VTP Coordinator – Sh. R.K Rai
Name of Trade Boys Girls Total
TOTAL 55 62 117
1- ELECTRICAL 21 00 21
23 00 23
3- I.T & ITES 11 24 35
4- HOME & DÉCOR
00 21 21
5- HAND & EMBROIDERY 00 17 17